This is NOT a conventional cheesecake filled with refined sugar, bleached flour and dairy. Nope, it’s made mostly with nuts and fruit! So much healthier! Cheesecake that’s secretly good for you. YES.
The crust is one of my absolute favorites. It tastes like a chewy cookie! It’s made with a mix of nuts and dates and it literally takes less than 5 minutes to make. Awesomeness.
And the cheesecake layers are SO decadent and CREAMY. I promise you won’t miss the dairy. I actually like vegan cheesecakes better than conventional. Plus, you don’t have to bake them! Woohoo!
Blueberry and lime is one of my favorite pairings. They’re so complementary and enhance each other’s flavor. You can add in as much zest as you want to really make the lime flavor shine.
Taste and adjust as you go.. (part of the fun of making them.) If you haven’t tried this flavor combo before, add some lime zest the next time you make blueberry muffins. Sooo good. (Lemon works, too!)
I love eating raw vegan cheesecakes because they make me feel GOOD afterward– not like I just ate a sugar bomb. Ya know what I mean? This cheesecake is full of PROTEIN, FIBER, and NUTRIENTS. And hello, healthy fats! My body rejoices instead of rebels. Love it.
Crust:3/4 cup walnuts1/2 cup almonds1 cup medjool dates1/2 tsp ground vanilla beans or extractPinch of Himalayan pink salt, 1tablespoon of
water and blend.
Cheesecake Layer Ingredients:2 1/4 cup raw cashews soaked1/4 to 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey2 tsp vanilla extract1/4 cup lime juice1/3 cup coconut oil melted1 tsp lime zest + more for garnish1 cup blueberries + more for garnish
To make the crust:
- Pulse ingredients in food processor until sticky crumbles form. Add a splash of water at the end if it needs help sticking. Press crust into a parchment-lined 7″ springform pan.
To make the lime cheesecake layer:
- The night before, soak cashews in a bowl of water. The next day, drain and rinse. Place cashews in food processor and blend for several minutes until smooth. Scrape down sides and add lime juice, 1/4 cup sweetener, zest, & vanilla & blend again. Stream in the melted coconut oil & blend until well combined. Taste and add more sweetener, if needed.
- Scoop out enough of the cheesecake filling to cover the crust with about 1/2 to 1 inch of the white layer. Then set in freezer for 30 minutes to firm up.
To make the blueberry cheesecake layer:
- Add 1 cup blueberries to the remaining cheesecake in your food processor and blend until smooth. If your blueberries are tart, you may need a couple more tsp sweetener.
- Spread the blueberry layer on top of lime layer and decorate with fresh blueberries and lime zest.
- Cover with foil and set in the freezer for about 3 hours to firm up and then transfer to the fridge for a couple more hours.
Finished! Simple Delicious 😋