Busy days and hectic nights can make it challenging to stick to your goals, but with these quick and easy whole food recipes, you’ll find that it doesn’t have to be a super time-consuming task.
The key to healthy eating is planning ahead, so one thing that I find incredibly helpful is to make a double batch of a recipe, and use that for leftover lunches (or dinners) during the week. I love the motto of cook once, eat twice (or more) so you save time, but still get to eat nutrient-dense foods that your body needs.
I’ve included recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert so you can experiment and find some new favorites to add to your rotation.
Wishing you Health and Happiness,
Penny Welke Certified Massage Therapist/Certified Health Coach
Breakfast Avocado & Egg Makes 2 servings
This recipe is Vegan Veg Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Breakfast Avocado & Egg If using gluten-free spices
1 large avocado, cut in half with seed removed 2 eggs, large
1 dash salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Cover small baking tray with parchment paper and place avocado halves with the hole side up. You may want to scoop a bit of the avocado to make the hole a big enough to fit the egg into.
3. Crack and gently pour one egg into each hole where the seed was. 4. Place in oven and bake 15-20 minutes until egg whites have set. 5. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Enjoy! Per ½ avocado
Protein (g) 8.72
Carrots & Hummus
Makes 4 servings
This recipe is Vegan Veg Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Carrots & Hummus * If using gluten-free spices
Ingredients for hummus:
2 cups chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained & rinsed 1 garlic clove
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 dash salt & pepper
12 medium baby carrots
1. Put all hummus ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add water to thin (if necessary).
2. Serve hummus with baby carrots. Enjoy!
Per serving hummus 12 baby
Hummus & carrots Protein (g) 5.46 0.77 6.23
Mason Jar Salad
Makes 1 large salad
This recipe is Vegan Veg Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Mason Jar Salad * If using gluten-free spices in vinaigrette *** If omit chicken
½ cup celery, chopped
½ medium apple, chopped, ½ cup chopped chicken breast (see baked chicken breast recipe under dinner) ¼ cup walnuts
2 cups baby spinach
vinaigrette, optional (see next recipe)
1. Add ingredients to large mason jar, layering in same order as listed (the idea is that the greens don’t get soggy from sitting in dressing).
2. When ready to eat, pour salad into large bowl and toss if desired. Enjoy!
Per jar Without chicken With ½ serving baked chicken breast
Protein (g) 10.21 36.41
Carbs (g) 18.18 19.03
Fat (g) 18.57 27.25
Calories 262.38 450.40
Makes about 4-6 one cup servings This recipe is Vegan Veg Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Spaghetti Squash * If using gluten-free spices
1 Spaghetti squash, cut lengthwise, seeded 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic
2 cups broccoli, chopped
2 tbsp basil
2 dashes salt & black pepper Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. 2. Place spaghetti squash cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. 3. Flip over, drizzle each half with 1 tbsp olive oil and bake for another 10 minutes. 4. In frying pan, sauté garlic, broccoli & basil in 2 tbsp olive oil for 3-5 minutes, until broccoli is tender. Place broccoli mixture into a large bowl. 5. Remove squash from oven and carefully (hot!) scrape out flesh with a fork, adding to a large bowl. Add broccoli mixture and toss together. 6. Turn broiler on, and place broccoli-squash mixture back into the halved squash shell. 7. Broil about 3-4 minutes until slightly brown. Enjoy! Per cup
Protein (g) 3.48
Carbs (g) 17.20
Fat (g) 14.42
Homemade healthy chocolate
This recipe is Vegan Veg Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Homemade healthy chocolate Ingredients:
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup cocoa powder
¼ tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp shredded coconut, unsweetened
1. Melt coconut oil, and whisk in maple syrup and cocoa powder until well combined. 2. Stir in shredded coconut until evenly distributed.
3. Pour into 12 ice cube tray and freeze.
4. Store in fridge or freezer to avoid melting. Serve & enjoy!